Sunday, April 10, 2016

#65 "Typing with 10 Fingers" (By Grandma)

This is from my iPhone.  So it may be brief.  Can't type with 10 fingers.  One finger isn't very fast.  I Notice some texters using both thumbs.  However is that possible ?  

We are in the airport waiting to fly to İstanbul.  We'll be there for 3 days.  It is Zone Conference.  

Airport security has changed since we were last here 3 weeks ago.  They have more security checks.  And as usual I always set off the alarms and get the pat down. Maybe the silver fillings  i had in my teeth 70 years ago are triggering the alarms.  Or maybe it is my steely grimace when I go through security. 

It was fun to see photos of grandchildren and children in action this week.  Thank you.  I'm glad you can all be connected even without us. I check my mails 40 times a day for any word from you.  Well, maybe only 39 times a day. 

Initially I said upfront I didn't want to be a CES sr missionary.  I knew that the woman spent a lot of time preparing food.  I'm not very interested in food preparation.  But guess what?  We aren't CES missionaries and I still "get" to prepare a lot of food.  

Yesterday the elders were here for 7 hours.  They decided they wanted to watch conference.  So I fed them.  Then Dad was giving a lesson to YA's at dinner time so I fed them. Then I took snacks for our Sunday meeting today.  

I saw a nice recipe for a banana bread Deseret on Kara's and Kaelin's FB. It looked doable.  I bought some bananas and bread for the recipe.  I cut up candy bars for chocolate chips.  I had the other ingredients.  The picture shows it topped with ice cream.  I didn't have ice cream.  It actually turned out gross.  I couldn't serve it. Dad and I ate most of it.  Guess I'll just stick to my cocoa puff rice Krispy squares.  

My best menus are:  Hawaiian haystacks, chicken soup, spaghetti, hummus, tabbouleh, microwave popcorn and lentil soup.  I can also butter and toast bread.  

I wonder when the plane will come.  This is taking longer than I expected and my finger is tired .

Dad had a good week.  He will send the uplifting email soon

Love ,
Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment