Monday, April 4, 2016

#63 "Whew!" (By Grandma)

I'm pretty tired!  As dad mentioned we've been busy with Branch Conference.  My role is often to feed "everyone".  The problem is that we do not know how many "everyone's " there will be.  So do I make a huge macaroni salad and have most of it left over or do I make a small amount and not have enough ?  I'm constantly looking over the people at church and wondering if they will come for dinner.  In my mind I keep adjusting portions.  I know this is really fascinating to all of you.  

I only have a small toaster-like oven.  So I can't prepare a lot of stuff. Most of it has to be stove-top.  I've found IKEA meatballs.  They are great. I can put a little barbecue sauce on them and heat them and our guests are impressed with my culinary skills.  Actually it is my ability to get to IKEA to purchase them that should be applauded.  Those meatballs have saved my day.  When I didn't have enough I put some more in the microwave and everyone had enough.  

We have a very good group for dinner.  We had seven non-members, five children, two elders, MP and wife, and six members.  And we even had some pasta salad left over.  I also served beans, tabouli, hummus, olives, chips, and stuffed grape leaves. We had fruits and cookies for dessert.  

One visitor asked if he could bring some Turkish food next time.  It was his first time at church. I told  he was welcome to bring food any time.  He may be a keeper!  Time will tell.  He even speaks some English. 

We had church as usual on this General Conference.  It will be awhile before talks are available in Turkish.  Then only about 25% are translated into Turkish.  The İstanbul BP is one of the translators and is in SLC.  

We'll have a good week. I love you all!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment