Monday, June 6, 2016

#77 "Too many mirrors" (By Grandma)

Dear Children,

Today is Russell’s birthday.  Yesterday was Nelise’s birthday, last week was Rose’s and Daniel’s birthdays.  Nathaniel and Megan are next.  Evidently Nelise had her first birthday party ever for her 12thbirthday.  We now have two 12 year-olds:  Rose and Nelise.   Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays.  I guess it is better than no birthdays.

Last night was Marinn’s Miss Uintah county pageant.  She is First attendant.  We think that is great.  Her photos on FB are beautiful.  I can’t imagine parading in front of judges and feeling any self-confidence.  But maybe it is possible?  Do they have any grandmother’s pageants?  Would my stretch pants be acceptable for part of my wardrobe?  My talent could be making rice krispy squares.  You might think I’m kidding.  I’m not.   I’d really like to enter such a contest.

I just read Dad’s letter to you all.  It was very lengthy and informative.  I don’t have much to add to “his” week.  I was home during his adventures.  I did get attacked by another dog.  But luckily 4 taxi drivers, waiting at a stand, came to my assistance before the dog could actually put his/her fangs into my still bruised leg.  Other than that, my week was rather quiet.  I slept, ate a few things, drank some water, sent a few emails, did a little indexing, did some Church History, listened to some audibles, did some crocheting, adjusted my make-up every time I walked past a mirror.  And, waited for Dad to come home.  He finally came home pretty tuckered out.  He might not look much different, but he is aging.  I can tell because I find him asleep lots of times when he is “studying”. 

BTW our apartment has way too many mirrors.  I know I’m gorgeous, but getting a glimpse of me every time I make a movement is getting a little tiring.  At home the only time I had to look in the mirror was in the bathroom.  Now I can catch glimpses of this old unfamiliar person flitting through the house.  I have no idea who she is.

Well, I hope you are all well and enjoying the summer.  I remember putting the TV in the closet for a whole summer because you abused it.  I wanted you to read, play the piano, help around the house, interact with others, go fishing, and be very productive.  I found you propped in front of the TV one too many times.  I’m sure that you learned from that experience that children do not need TV’s, computer games or I-phones.  Gratefully we as parents were excellent examples and taught you proper parenting skills. 

Please tell everyone we love them. 

Love,
Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment