Sunday, November 27, 2016

#118 Thanksgiving Week November 27, 2016 (By Grandma)



I hope you all had a wonderful week of activities for this holiday.  I've seen on FB a lot of the stuff you did.  I can't believe all the activities the Pearson family members were involved in.  Vernal has major celebrations after Thanksgiving.  I saw some Brown family racers.  I saw Cassidy's damaged shin from a soccer injury.  She was kicked in a game.  I was able to see the screws that were taken out of Nelise's leg.  They were huge.  I assume Joel will use them in the remodeling of our bathroom, or make a necklace for Nelise.  I saw Rose's clothes laid out on the floor awaiting the snow.  And I wonder if you all enjoyed Black Friday.  We didn't.

Our week was quite busy also.  We have had lots of visits from the YVs to our apartment with investigators.  They are scooping them up.  I "graciously" feed all of them bits of edibles.  It is Turkish culture to always feed a guest.  

We enjoyed a Thanksgiving dinner in a hotel.  The YVs were our guests.  I think they enjoyed themselves, and could eat all they wanted.  The only two things I missed were cranberry sauce, and stuffing.  But they had lots of wonderful foods.  My favorite dessert was a lemon meringue pie.  Our dinner wasn't until 8:00 PM, so it was a looooong wait.  

On Saturday a Turkish woman took us and two elders to breakfast.  Turks are big on breakfasts, and all restaurants feature a special breakfast.  I've enclosed a photo of our breakfast.  We were actually sitting outside on a hilltop.  She had a car and drove us to the outing.  We spent about 4 hours with her.... three of those hours were eating.  The YVs also got filled up again.  


That same day a senior couple from Istanbul came for a visit.  So we spent seven hours with them, touring them around Izmir, shopping and eating.  The man bought a new suit for about $65.00.  The shop had it hemmed and ready for him in about one hour.  Dad bought his second pair of pants from the shop.  The pants cost about $18.00  They were also hemmed for him.

We enjoyed having the couple spend time with us today also.  We fed them a yucky chicken/rice dish.  Oh well.

You'll see our Christmas tree.  It was a gift from Bobbie and Gayle.  They sent individual gifts with scriptures attached that we can open for 25 days.  The package was very expensive to ship, and had obviously been rummaged in customs.  There were 8 caramels in the package.  They have tasted sooooo good.  Haven't had caramels for soooo long.  I threw away our Christmas tree from last year because I didn't think we'd be here another Christmas.  But here we are.

I hope you are all doing well.  We miss you a lot.  But we are okay.  And we will survive!

I love you all!


Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment