Sunday, August 16, 2015

#10 I Guess I'm Just Lucky (By Grandma)




We feel it is part of our assignment to get out and about daily.  As I mentioned that involves lots of walking and taking public transport.  You can purchase a metro card that will allow you to travel millions of miles in our city that is about as big as the state of Utah with a much denser population.

Last evening we began a metro adventure to the outskirts.  We've learned how to swipe cards, go through turnstiles, and scramble for seats while madly gripping the handrails so we don't fall with the fits and starts of the bus or train.    

Things went well. We viewed the coastline as we rode along.  Some of it the trip was underground and we viewed dark walls of the tunnels.  We arrived at our destination. We shopped a little and found a place to eat.  I ate a sort of grilled cheese sandwich and dad had a Greek salad that didn't resemble any we'd ever seen.  

We made our way back to the metro for our return trip.  Finally boarded, and found 2 seats together. I quickly plopped down.  And just as quickly plopped back up.  The seat was soaking wet.  My bottom was soaking wet.  Gross, gross, gross!  I had no idea what the liquid was.  But I could imagine.  I sat back down in the adjacent seat.  Many riders motioned to that seat and wanted to sit there.  I pointed to the wet spot and pantomimed "don't sit there".  No one did.  

We returned to our apartment and I quickly shed my clothing and began a thorough scrubbing.  At least I was wearing black pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment