Sunday, September 4, 2016

#97 "Slow" (By Grandma)

Dear Family,

This was a pretty slow week.  Dad has piles of stuff to do for the Branch and the District.  But most of it does not involve me.  Without the missionaries here, my life has slowed considerably.  You’d think that as I get older, I’d like the slow pace…  But not this slow.  BTW.... I do do some indexing in my "spare" time.  

So I think about all the activities you are involved in and wish we could be helping out.  I wonder how all the activities in Vernal are going.  Nashelle has bitten off a huge chunk to begin a theater.  I hope the Open House went well.  Larissa posted herself with a big ComicCom character.  Heather sent us a clip of Kara playing Volleyball.  We miss seeing her.  Raynelle sends us regular messages on the i-pad and reports on the bathroom remodeling project.  Larissa and Tanner both had birthdays.  We miss Cassidy’s games.  I hear that Tanner spends a lot of time trying to find a parking spot at college.  When I was his age I walked miles and miles in snowstorms to school.  Kaelin still posts about his fish.  Karilynne spends most of her time lounging in a hammock because things are so quiet in Vernal.  Not!.  Julianne wishes she had more cars.  They only have five, but they need a few spares while others are being repaired.  Heather and “Ruth” are becoming BFF and her newest book is out.    Shoshauna loves taking 3 graduate classes while working full-time and managing other activities.  Scott and Jill are busy teaching dating etiquette to Josh prior to the Prom. 

And Mom and Dad.  What are we doing?  I decided we need a P-day.  Dad has already written it up.  I searched for a place to travel to that we had not been to.  I found the perfect beach town.  This country really has wonderful beaches.  You just have to travel a bit to get to them.  I had to search the internet for a while to find a transportation mode.  I finally found one, and it was almost free.  We arrived at a distant city and booked an island tour which included lunch.  People take these trips to swim.  Of course we had not brought swimwear.  The boat stopped at four spots for swimming in beautiful clear water.  This is the Aegean Sea.  We had a nice lunch on board.  Dad and I lounged around for about six hours on this boat.  Dad did get to swim because the boat owner loaned him some trunks.  He didn’t offer to loan me any.  As dad mentioned our return trip was very lengthy.  As I was sitting in the back of the bus on one leg of the journey I remembered our first trip to Turkey with four children.  Their memory was it was hot and stinky.  This bus was VERY hot, and I was melting.  After about an hour on this bus, we got off and were able to get on the metro.  I’ll never go that route again.

Oh ye of little faith…. I always get stress prior to Sunday services.  I worry that no one will show up.  I have such empathy for parts of the world with few members.  But so far we have had people attending.  This week-end we will be gone… and I worry about our little branch.  Dad has a counselor, but we all help out a lot during the meeting.  Dad blessed and passed the sacrament today.  There were six in the room.  It included a new couple from Hungary.  They are moving here.  She is 7 months pregnant.  He will be working for NATO.  They come from wards and stakes in Hungary.  They seem enthusiastic to be a part of us.  We invited them to dinner, but they seem to be all booked up for a couple of weeks.  They are currently staying in a hotel untill they can find an apartment.  We need the elders back!!!

So, I now have a Fitbit, whatever that is.  Any advice?

Love,

Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment