Sunday, November 29, 2015

#31 "Twas 3 Days After Thanksgiving" (By Grandma)

Thanksgiving dinner at the hotel with the YV's.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  I hear that you were scattered here and there.  I hope the soccer tournaments went well.  I hope the driving was safe.  I hope you all had enough to eat.  
The turkey...it was a little dry with no cranberry sauce.

We, of course, missed all of you.  It just felt like another day to us.  We did have a very nice meal at a Marriott Hotel in the evening with the YV's.  We all feasted, and we were treat royally.  The turkey was a little bit small, but it was very juicy.  I don't know how it was cooked.  I didn't see cranberry sauce or stuffing.  But I do have some cranberry sauce in my cupboard and some stale bread, so I can make up for it.
The deserts.


We have been spending a bunch of time trying to get emergency kits ready for us and the young YV's.  (by assignment)  We have a list that was probably made up in SLC where there are lots of supplies.  If I could just have 15 minutes in a Wal-mart I could get it taken care of, but not so!   I think I'll just stuff the M & M's in my kit and call it a day.  

We all live in apartments with only one exit.  So we have to think how we would get to safety if we had a fire.  We have considered hanging ropes out the window.  I'm not sure I could scale down the wall of our apartment building on a rope.  But I think the likelihood of a fire in our apartment is pretty unlikely.  The building is of stone, and the floors are marble.  So not much could burn.  We did just got CO and Smoke detectors that came from Germany.  

We've spent the last two week-ends visiting members in far away places.  Dad's counselor has a car, and he has driven us to these places.  We have met interesting people this way.  But these members live too far away to attend any church meetings in the country.  Our trip yesterday was up north about 3 hours.  WE met the member on the road.  She had taken a bus from her far away village to meet us.  Then we drove to a restaurant on the sea, ate and visited.  She is a psychologist.  She said by far her clients biggest problems involve stress and anxiety.  She speaks English well enough to be understood.  She looked gorgeous.  The Turks really dress nicely.  All of their eyebrows look like Dana's.  

We had a nice church service today.  Not many were there... 9 of us.  But the quality was very nice.  We had talks on the Holy Ghost and on the Sabbath Day.   After that we had a SS class taught by the YV's.  We reviewed the Thirteen Articles of Faith.  They mentioned that that document really explains who we are.  I memorized them when I was in Primary and I can still recite them.... 65 years later.  Anyone want to hear me recite them?  It someone asks you what you believe, you can review the 13 Articles of Faith in your mind and talk about some of those points.  

I hope you all have a good week. 

Love,

Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment